Links for the Week - April 28, 2008
Published April 28, 2008
The "pros and cons of a global distributed network" edition:
- Do you depend on Gmail or Google Calendar? Did you know they're not ready for production use yet?
- The Rockridge Institute, a progressive think tank (THE progressive think tank for many) abruptly closes its doors because there wasn't enough money coming in. But as a part of their exit, the description of "The Big Job" to be done is compelling, and so life goes on.
- I love a good idea I've never heard of before, and this place has lots of them
- Can you survive for 24 hours without your computer? I didn't think so.
- One of the best YouTube videos I've seen in a long time: An Engineer's Guide to Cats
- The Palladium-Item will be updating its website this week - and once again wiping out any archive of past reader discussions in their forums. I can't decide if this is a blessing or a shame, and it's probably both. I hope the new beginning represents a new mode of conversation, but I won't hold my breath.