I'm an entrepreneur, Internet technology expert and blogger who believes in the power of online tools to build and sustain communities. I have 16+ years experience in small business management and leadership, designing and developing web applications and consulting on related solutions.
I'm the principal and owner of Summersault LLC, an Internet technology services firm headquartered in Richmond. Summersault's mission is "to build and sustain communities using the technologies of the Internet."
This mission also reflects my personal interests as I work with a variety of media projects, sustainability movements, and community building organizations.
Other past and present interests and hobbies include magic performance and juggling, flying small aircraft, radio DJing and podcast hosting, journalism, travel, Perl programming, video production, politics, mediation and conflict resolution, customer service best practices, organic gardening, conference facilitation and organizing, public speaking and people watching.
I'm available to speak about a variety of technical and cultural topics to audiences of all sizes. If you’d like me to speak to your group, organization or business, please get in touch.
In the interest of full disclosure and to promote the organizations and projects with which I'm involved, I'm posting this list of my personal and professional affiliations:
- I'm the Principal and owner of Summersault, LLC, an Internet technology services firm I co-founded
- I'm the president of the board at the Wayne County Foundation
- I'm the creator of the community improvement idea repository at RichmondBrainstorm.com
- I'm a proud graduate of Earlham College, a member of the College's Alumni Council, and have occasionally taught there (Robotics in May 2003 and Software Engineering in Spring 2006)
- I was an unsuccessful candidate for an At Large seat on the Richmond Indiana Common Council in 2011
- I'm a former community volunteer member of the Palladium-Item's editorial advisory board
- I'm a former member of the Indiana University East School of Humanities and Social Sciences Board of Advisors
- I'm a former board member and board president of WayNET.org
- I'm a former board president at Clear Creek Food Cooperative
- I'm a co-owner of Summersault Properties, LLC
- I'm the owner of Silverback Adventures, LLC